Awkward?! I’m no model but I thought all the headless versions of myself DIY after DIY have been getting a bit creepy. Here’s a simple make for you. Simple, because I’ve done most of the hard work for you. Just download this mirror flower print and get cracking.
All you need is a white or light coloured T-shirt. I got mine here as it was cheap as chips but you can use anything. All you’ll need is….
- Some inkjet printer transfer paper. Any will do but check it’s suitable for fabric.
- An iron
- Masking tape
- Print out the design onto your transfer paper. Make sure the print is on the right side.
- Then put your t-shirt on and tape your design where you want it.
- Then spread your t-shirt and measure the distance from the sides to each point of the triangle to make sure it’s central.
- Then follow the transfer paper instructions. I was told to put my iron on a high heat with no steam and to slowly iron over all of the design for a few mins, applying quite a bit of pressure.
- Make sure you iron right up to the edge of the design and then pull the paper from the corner, while it’s still really hot. Don’t pull of completely. First check if any parts don’t look like they’ve stuck. If that’s the case lay back down and iron over that area again.
- Once finished turn inside out and wash on 30 degrees. If the image looses any brightness in the colour, iron with a piece of paper over the design.
Now you can wear your new creation. A cheap and cheerful T-shirt you won’t find in the shops….happy days!