Luxe Festive Brush Lettering Workshop – Thursday 15th December
When: Thursday 15th December @ 6:30pm – 8:30pm.
Where: Smug, 13 Camden Passage, Islington, N1 8EA.
Whether you’re an avid typography fan, or simply want to try your hand at something new and creative, we would love you to join one of our Luxe Brush Lettering workshops at Smug, a gorgeous venue in Angel, Islington. This will be a more intimate class setting with no more than six people per workshop, allowing for lots of one on one teaching attention to help you master the skill. In the spirit of the festive season this workshop will have a Christmas twist, using your lettering on a selection of greetings cards and gift tags. You’ll be taught by Teri Muncey, designer, illustrator, stylist and the talent behind The Lovely Drawer. In this class:
You will be given a set of essential materials which you can take away after class, including guide sheets, Teri’s preferred brush and a pot of indian ink. You will also be provided with practise paper, along with three cards and envelopes and two gift tags.
- Teri will introduce contemporary brush lettering and it’s applications
- You’ll first work on exercises to get your familiar with brush control, practicing making shapes, and contrasting stroke thickness.
- You’ll take these basic techniques into letterforms, in uppercase and lowercase, as well as numbers with plenty of help and guidance on hand
- This will be followed with a run through on combining and laying out words to form beautiful phrases for your festive final pieces.
- By the end of the workshop you’ll be well on your way to developing your own brush lettering style and armed with the materials to go away an practise until you’re a complete pro!
PLEASE NOTE: Tickets are non-refundable and non-changeable. This is an e-ticket – please bring with you the email confirmation on your phone (no hardcopy ticket will be posted). Although accidents are rare, the ink is black and may not come out of clothes so please dress accordingly!