I’ve been dreaming up an embroidery DIY for a while now but in all honesty I really haven’t got the time to stitch a beautifully intricate motif. I wish I did but that isn’t my reality right now and I’m sure lots of you are in the same boat. I decided to cheat a little and create the same pretty effect but with no sewing at all. Sound tempting?…step right this way.
Good news, I’ve finally gotten / made a moment to add my brand new wedding set to my Etsy shop and it’s feels very Summery indeed! Meet ‘Watercolour Meadow’. I fancied creating another floral design but this time looser and fully designed with watercolour and ink. I had such a fun day creating the original artworks for the set. I’m sure I could just doodle away with ink and watercolour all day long.
It’s time for some Friday freebies to draw the working week to a close. It’s been such lovely weather here after the last few weeks that I’ve taken my camera out and about a bit more. I’m really enjoying capturing all the plant life nearby. It seemed silly not to make them into desktop wallpapers for you to all download and bring the sun to your screens! Believe it or not the palm tree was taken in Britain…we do have them you know, they’re just more commonly seen surrounded by grey drizzle.
- Some inkjet printer transfer paper. Any will do but check it’s suitable for fabric.
- An iron
- Masking tape
- Print out the design onto your transfer paper. Make sure the print is on the right side.
- Then put your t-shirt on and tape your design where you want it.
- Then spread your t-shirt and measure the distance from the sides to each point of the triangle to make sure it’s central.
- Then follow the transfer paper instructions. I was told to put my iron on a high heat with no steam and to slowly iron over all of the design for a few mins, applying quite a bit of pressure.
- Make sure you iron right up to the edge of the design and then pull the paper from the corner, while it’s still really hot. Don’t pull of completely. First check if any parts don’t look like they’ve stuck. If that’s the case lay back down and iron over that area again.
- Once finished turn inside out and wash on 30 degrees. If the image looses any brightness in the colour, iron with a piece of paper over the design.