- Flat sheet of cork (you can buy single sheets from Ebay)
- Rivet Punch
- White paint (acrylic or emulsion) and delicate paintbrush
- Gold wire
- Chain to the length you want
- All-purpose glue
- Draw and cut out a diamond shape from your card. Then draw round it onto your cork and cut out with a scalpel. Make double for backing. You can then either draw on your design or use washi tape to mask off areas before painting with a couple of layers of white paint.
- When dry, glue the fronts to the extra diamonds to give them thickness.
- Then using a rivet punch, gently make a hole at the top of each diamond. Be careful as cork won’t withstand lots of wiggling in one of those punches.
- Then cut a small section of wire and use pliers to bend it into a circle leaving a gap. Thread through the cork hole and then close the gap with pliers. Then you can thread your chain through this hoop.
You might also like
Meet The Lovely Drawer
Hi, I’m Teri and welcome to my own creative corner of the internet. I blog about interiors, DIY projects, design inspiration and my general life so stick around have a read and say hi.
In the shop
Work with Me
The Lovely Drawer is an award winning blog with a loyal audience that has grown over the years. I love working with brands small and large on exciting collaborations that can bring products alive in my own signature aesthetic.