Private Brush Lettering Session
If you’re excited to get to grips with the art of brush lettering but would prefer some more focused time and attention, rather than a class full of people then this option would work best for you. This is a one on one session lead by Teri Muncey, designer, illustrator, stylist and the talent behind The Lovely Drawer. Have her on hand to critique your progress and give advice and support to perfect your technique and leave you confident to continue developing your own style outside the class. Once you’ve purchased a ticket I will get in contact to arrange a time and date that suits us both. Please note that I don’t host private sessions on Sundays but can be flexible throughout the rest of the week.
- You will be given a set of essential materials which you can take away after class, including guide sheets, Teri’s preferred brush and a pot of indian ink. You will also be provided with practise paper, thicker card stock for your final piece and a A5 box frame to frame it.
- Teri will introduce contemporary brush lettering and it’s applications
- You’ll first work on exercises to get your familiar with brush control, practicing making shapes, and contrasting stroke thickness.
- You’ll take these basic techniques into letterforms, in uppercase and lowercase, as well as numbers with plenty of help and guidance on hand
- This will be followed with a run through on combining and laying out words to form beautiful phrases for your final piece.
- By the end of the workshop you’ll be well on your way to developing your own brush lettering style and armed with the materials to go away an practise until you’re a complete pro!
PLEASE NOTE: Tickets are non-refundable and non-changeable. This is an e-ticket – please bring with you the email confirmation on your phone (no hardcopy ticket will be posted). Although accidents are rare, the ink is black and may not come out of clothes so please dress accordingly!